Create a custom entity definition
If you are a superuser, you can create custom entity definitions when you want to extend the out-of-the-box schema. An entity definition describes a set of data in Sitecore Content Hub™ (for example, an asset, a product, a campaign, or a project) and its structure. All data in Content Hub is built following a defined schema.
To create entity definitions, you require the Free Modeling license. To purchase this license, contact your Sitecore account manager.
To create a custom entity definition:
- On the menu bar, click Manage .
- On the Manage page, click Schema.
- On the Schema page, click New definition.
- In the New definition dialog box, define the name of your definition.
- Click Create.
On the entity definition page, define the members contained in the custom entity definition.
For each member, you can specify:
- a data type (for example, string, boolean, integer and so on).
- general information (such as name, role label, associated definitions), as well as mandatory and conditional requirements.
- advanced information including the path relation, taxonomy relation, security, and so on.
Can we improve this article ? Provide feedback